Open to members of the University of Manitoba community who have some form of a teaching role.
- Contribution to intercultural considerations in education through curriculum, instruction or program development promoting teaching and learning
- Clearly defined goals (objectives)
- Specific method of evaluation of project
- Demonstrated understanding of intercultural theories and practices
- Sustainability of project
|Breanne Guiboche and David Arenas – International Centre for Students
- Integrating the Intercultural Development Inventory into Pre-departure and Re-entry Programming for Students in Global Education and Mobility Programs – training to administer the IDI (Intercultural Development Inventory) across the university community
|Veronica Loureiro-Rodriguez – Linguistics Dept and French Italian & Spanish Dept
- Integrating and Assessing Cultural Understanding in a first-Year Spanish Course – integrating culture into the curriculum
|Lezlie Brooks – Standardized Patient Program, Medicine
- Intercultural Communication Workshop Utilizing Standardized Patients and Cultural Interpreters – developing a new Standardized Patient case, within a workshop framework, utilizing a language interpreter for a Continuing Professional Development workshop.
|Yi Li and Krystyna Baranowski – Curriculum, Teaching and Learning
- Bridging the Gap - Multi-media project to produce a DVD of a role-play as an educational resource for teacher candidates, faculty members and other teaching staff at the University of Manitoba.
|Jerome Cranston – Educational Administration, Foundations and Psychology
- Barefoot Teachers Program - Development of a short documentary film about the “Barefoot Teachers” project instituted through the Loreto Day School in Kolkata, India. This program provides teacher training to young men and women from slums and villages near Kolkata who lack the basic requirements to be admitted to teachers’ colleges.
|Nicole Harder and Peggy Allman-Anderson - Nursing
- Promoting Interculturalism in Simulation in Nursing - Combining video vignettes with computerized simulation to provide for cultural fidelity.