Please review the following process to write your off-campus final exam for online courses. Be aware of deadlines to ensure you do not miss writing you final exam!
All off-campus exams are by the Off-campus Exam Coordinators located at The Centre for the Advancement of Teaching and Learning.
Requests for off-campus examinations in online courses are made through the Exam Location Management Widget of your course in UMLearn. You must make a location request in each course that you require an off-campus exam within two weeks of the term start.
All other students are required to write their exams on campus, according to the exam schedule published by the Registrar's Office.
- Students living greater than two (2) hours from Winnipeg may request to write their examination at a number of off-campus locations, which may require up to a two-hour one-way travel to reach an approved U of M off-campus exam centre.
- Students who will be located outside Canada or the United States may be required to travel up to approximately (3) three hours one-way to reach their invigilation site.
- Students who will be located in China are limited to the following locations due to scheduling resources:
- Hong Kong
- Students who will be located in Japan are limited to the following locations due to scheduling resources:
Requests have strict deadlines to ensure that exam-proctoring arrangements are completed in time. If no request is received by the deadline, the student will be required to write their exam on the Fort Garry campus, in Winnipeg, without exception.
Options to your exam arrangements can be discussed with your student advisor.
Declaring Your Off-Campus Exam:
The deadline for Winter 2019 Off-Campus Exam Declarations is Friday, May 24, 2019.
- Do you live, or will you be located greater than (2) two hours outside of Winnipeg during the exam period?
NO – You must write your exam (s) on-campus in Winnipeg.
YES – You must request your off-campus location in each course separately by the date indicated in your exam management widget.
- Access your course in UM Learn.
- Select the ‘REQUEST’ tab to select an exam centre location.
- Students declaring China or Japan are limited to the locations listed for scheduling purposes.
- Select the ‘VIEW’ tab to verify which location you have selected. (please allow time for the data to load)
- Your exam location will be arranged, and approved, after the date indicated in the view tab. Once approved you will see your date, time and location listed in the VIEW tab.
- More than one course? Repeat the above steps for each online course you are taking this semester. (e.g. If you are taking three distance courses and live in Regina, SK, you must select this location in each of the three courses.)
Off-Campus Exam Dates:
The date of your off campus exam may differ from the date listed in Student Aurora. All off campus exam dates and times, once declared and scheduled, will be listed in your exam location management widget within your UMLearn course.
Students must be available during the entire exam period.
*NOTE* Exam dates posted in Aurora are for on campus scheduled exams only.