The Level 1: Novice Graduate Teaching Program (GTP), offered by the Centre for the Advancement of Teaching and Learning (The Centre), is for graduate students who are in the early stages of their teaching careers and who want to learn more about teaching in higher education. The knowledge and skills attained in the program will help graduate students further develop their confidence and competence as a new teacher.
The overall goals of the Level 1: Novice GTP are to enable graduate students to:
- Prepare for lifelong learning in the field of higher education teaching.
- Understand ethics and integrity in teaching.
- Understand and support diversity and inclusion in teaching.
- Develop an awareness of higher education pedagogy.
- Develop professionalism in a teaching role.
The Level 1: Novice GTP is accredited through SEDA, a professional association in the United Kingdom that promotes innovation and good practices in higher education. Within SEDA, the Level 1: Novice GTP is accredited under the SEDA Professional Development Framework (SEDA-PDF) named award Supporting Learning. The program is underpinned by the SEDA Values, the Core Development Outcomes, and the Specialist Outcomes for this award, which can be found at: https://www.seda.ac.uk/supporting-learning.