1. Millis, B. (2012). Active learning strategies in face to face courses. The Idea Center: University of Texas at San Antonio. Retrieved from: http://ideaedu.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/paperidea_53.pdf
2. Active Learning Activities from the University of Waterloo’s Centre for Teaching Excellence.
Retrieved from: https://uwaterloo.ca/centre-for-teaching-excellence/teaching-resources/teaching-tips/developing-assignments/assignment-design/active-learning-activities
3. O’Neal, C & Pinder-Grover, T. How can you incorporate active learning into the classroom?
Center for Research on Learning and Teaching, University of Michigan Retrieved from: http://www.crlt.umich.edu/sites/default/files/resource_files/Active%20Learning%20Continuum.pdf
Magna Campus Video and Supplemental Materials Resource
Active Learning That Works: What Students Think
- Log on to UM Learn
- Under My Courses, select All Roles under Role, and All under Term.
- Scroll down to Development Courses and select The Centre – Magna Campus Resources
- Select Magna Campus > Open Menu > Seminar Libraries > Online Seminars
- In the search box, type in “Active Learning That Works: What Students Think”
Barkley, E. (2010). Student engagement techniques: A handbook for college faculty. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
Bean, J. (2011). Engaging ideas: The professor's guide to integrating writing, critical thinking, and active learning in the classroom (2nd ed.). San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
Brookfield, S. (2015). The skillful teacher: On technique, trust, and responsiveness in the classroom (3rd ed.). San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
Davis, B. (2009). Tools for teaching (2nd ed., Jossey-Bass higher and adult education series). San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
Fink, L. (2013). Creating significant learning experiences: An integrated approach to designing college courses (2nd ed.). San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
Lang, J. (2008). On course: A week-by-week guide to your first semester of college teaching. Cambridge: Harvard University Press.
Lang, J. M. (2016). Small teaching: Everyday lessons from the science of learning. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
Nilson, L. (2016). Teaching at its best: A research-based resource for college instructors. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.