1. Ryan, J. & Viete, R. (2009). Respectful interactions: learning with international students in the English-speaking academy. Teaching in Higher Education, 14 (3), 303-314.
2. Storti, L. & Bennhold-Samaan. (1997) Culture matters: The Peace Corps cross-cultural workbook. Peace Corps Information Collection and Exchange, Washington, DC. Retrieved from: http://www.peacecorps.gov/wws/culturematters/workbook.pdf
3. McLean, P. and Ransom, L. (2005) Building intercultural competencies: Implications for academic skills Development. In Teaching International Students: improving learning for all, ed. Carroll, J and Ryan, J New York: Routledge, pp 45-62.
4. Guo, S., & Jamal, Z. (2007). Nurturing cultural diversity in higher education: A critical review of selected models. Canadian Journal of Higher Education, 37 (3), 27-49.
5. Schmitt, D. (2005). Writing in the international classroom. In Teaching international students: Improving learning for all, ed. J. Carroll and J. Ryan. New York: Routledge. http://www.acadiau.ca/fountaincommons/teaching/documents/Sabine-Schuerholz-Lehr_000.pdf
6. Hofstede, G. & Hofstede, G. J. (2005). Cultures and Organizations: Software of the Mind (Rev. 2nd ed.). New York: McGraw-Hill. For translations see www.geerthofstede.nl and “our books
7. Scudamore, R., & Bond, K. (2010). Working with International Students: a Guide for Staff in Engineering. Retrieved June 2017 from: https://www.heacademy.ac.uk/system/files/working-with-international-students.pdf
8. Centre for Learning Excellence. (2015). A Guide to teaching international students. University of Bedfordshire. Retrieved June, 2017 from: https://www.beds.ac.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0005/273767/UoB-14-Guide-to-Teaching-International-Students-Jan-15.pdf
9. Yosso, T. J. (2005). Whose culture has capital? Race, Ethnicity and Education, 8 (1), 69‐91. Retrieved June, 2017 from: http://www.tc.columbia.edu/i/a/2577_culturalwealth.pdf
10. Jung, E. (2014). International Graduate Students’ Perceptions of Academic Learning. University of Manitoba. Retrieved June, 2017 from: https://mspace.lib.umanitoba.ca/bitstream/handle/1993/23606/Jung_Erica.pdf?sequence=1
11. Locks, A. (n.d.). Summary of Yosso’s cultural wealth model. Retrieved June 2017 from: http://web.csulb.edu/divisions/aa/personnel/fcpd/workshops/documents/Wrk1EditedYossoCulturalWealthSummary.pdf
12. Alexander, H. (2007). Unis open to students who fail English tests. Sydney Morning Herald, January 29.
13. Williams, S. (2008). Internationalization of the Curriculum: A Remedy for International Students’ Academic Adjustment Difficulties? Memorial University of Newfoundland. Retrieved June, 2017 from: http://web.uvic.ca/~sherriw/images/ED%206890%20Sherri%20Williams%20Final%20Paper%20for%20website.pdf
14. Hoffenburger, K., Mosier, R., & Stokes, B. (1999). Transition experience. In J.H. Schuh (Ed.), Educational programming and student learning in college and university residence halls. Columbus, OH.
15. Glass, C., Wongtrirat, R., & Buus, S. (2014). International student engagement: Strategies for creating inclusive, connected and purposeful campus environments. Sterling, VA: Stylus Publishing.