To log in to UM Learn (www.umlearn.ca) - Back ▴
- Enter your UMnetID username
- Enter your UMnetID password
- Click Log in or press Enter
What do I do if my account is disabled?
- Back ▴
If your account is disabled, you will need to follow the instructions on how to claim your UMnetID found here.
How do I access my course(s) in UM Learn? - Back ▴
To access your course in UM Learn:
- Log in to UM Learn (www.umlearn.ca) using your UMnetID and password
- Scroll down the page until you see the “My Courses” widget where each course is represented by an image.
- If needed, click “List all courses” to see courses that do not appear in the list.
- Further, if you need to search, you can use the Advanced Search option to find the course
- Once you find the course, click on the image or course name to access the course
For more detailed instructions as well as screenshots, click here (log in required).
What do I do if I forgot my username and/or password? - Back ▴
If you have forgotten your username and/or password, you will need to contact the IST Service Desk (204-474-8600 or firstname.lastname@example.org) to request a password reset. Note that you will use your UMnetID and password to log in to UM Learn.
Who do I contact if I have questions about UM Learn? - Back ▴
If require assistance using UM Learn, please contact the IST Service Desk (204-474-8600 or email@example.com). If the technician is unable to answer your question, it will be forwarded on to the Learning Technologies team at the Centre for the Advancement of Teaching and Learning to be addressed.
Can I merge (cross list) two or more sections of the same course together? - Back ▴
Yes! Crosslisting (merging), in UM Learn, allows two or more courses (sections of student enrollments) to be brought together under one course offering page. Click here for instructions on how to do this.
Can I add a Teaching Assistant, Grader/Marker or Liaison Librarian to a course in UM Learn? - Back ▴
Yes! Directions on how to do this are found here in the Support section in UM Learn (log in required).
How do I access my courses? - Back ▴
Here are the step by step instructions on how to access your course(s) in UM Learn:
- On the UM Learn homepage, scroll down to the bottom of the page, to the “My Courses” widget.
- Click on the course you wish to access by clicking on the image or the name of the course.
- The number in the orange box indicates the number of activities in tools that need your attention. For example, assignments folder submission, new comment/post on a discussion forum, new enrollments, etc.
- If you have more than twelve courses, you will need to click on “View All Courses” to view and/or filter to the course you are looking for.
Note: Courses are sorted in the following order (unless manually pinned to the top):
- Current courses;
- Upcoming courses; and
- Past courses.
What do I do if my courses do not appear in the “My Courses” widget? - Back ▴
If you are not seeing a course that you expect to see in the My Courses widget in UM Learn, you will need to take the following steps:
- Confirm that you are enrolled in the course in Aurora:
- Students who are enrolled in a course in Aurora, but do not see the course in UM Learn will need to contact the Service Desk (204-474-8600 or firstname.lastname@example.org) to resolve the issue.
- Instructors who are do not see the course in UM Learn will need to confirm with their department that they have been enrolled in the course as instructor in Aurora. If that has been confirmed and the course is still not visible, please contact the Service Desk (204-474-8600 or email@example.com).
How can I email students from UM Learn? - Back ▴
The easiest and safest way to email students from UM Learn is to use the “Email Classlist” button found under “Communication” à “Classlist and Email”. Click here for detailed step-by-step instructions on how to do this.
A student tells me that s/he has dropped my course – can I unenroll them from my course in UM Learn? - Back ▴
No. Student enrollments are managed by Aurora – if a student is showing up in the course in UM Learn, but claims to have dropped the course, s/he must contact the IST Service Desk who can confirm their enrollment status and edit as necessary.
How do I request a course to be created (i.e., one that is not using Banner/Aurora or FlexReg)? (PDF - course creation request form) - Back ▴
You can request the creation of a course shell in UM Learn for courses that are not linked to Banner/Aurora or FlexReg. Complete the form found here and send it to the IST Service Desk (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org).